Friday 2 October 2015

Video Game Advertising Pros and Cons

Pros
The pros of creating a video game advertisement is that it is easier to make. It is all done on computers so there is less involved and no extra work (such as camerawork, filming etc). It also helps maintain my interest in the gaming industry, as by researching further into this would interest me about my chosen specific game. Another pro of this is that it is more reliable rather than working with cameras. For example, by making a music video or a documentary, this would involve lots of different work on cameras with a group, using an artist if we were to do a music video. However by making a video game advert, everything is all done in one place on the computer, so it would be easier to work with

Cons
However the cons for creating a video game adverts is that I personally would find it boring after a while​. I would find the other things to make more interesting, as well as there could be a disagreement on the video game to make an advert on which could cause problems during the beginning of the task. Furthermore, this would mean having to do a lot more research; not just on how we would create the advert, but we would have to do extra research on the game itself in order to create the correct advert for the game. This could become very time consuming. Also by doing this, this means there would be very little interaction/connection with people when creating this, whereas if I made a music video there would be a connection with the artist/band. I think that a connection with someone would encourage me to do well with my work, whereas a video games advert would have little connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment